Rockwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 45 gallon tank that is 1' by 2' by 3'. I plan on having corals, as well as medium sized fish. I have around 45 lbs of live rock. I have absolutely no idea how to set up the rock! I have mostly large and medium pieces, right now I have it setup like a wall with a little space on each side, but it's not too attractive and won't work well for corals..... It also makes the tank look weird to me......I don't want to make parts of the glass inaccessible, but I might not have a choice, it just looks so not deep though, at the moment, any ideas?

The problem is that most seem to be shorter and deeper than mine....

Well if nothing is in the tank right now I would just play around with the rock for a while, that's one of my favorite parts of setting up a new tank. My current tank is like a wall like you said. More towards the back of the tank but enough room for me to clean the back glass. If you can't get it a way you like maybe get a few more pieces and sees if that ties it togther. They also have good videos on how to setup the rocks using pipes and or gluing the rocks together certain ways they can't stack by themselves by using mortar mix I think or something like that.

Ok, I do have a pair of clarkii's and a blenny though.....?

Well if your going to be taking some of the rock out of the tank for to long then you might have some die-off from the rock and that could start another "mini cycle" in your tank which may stress the fish a little.

I don't plan to take the rock out, except to move it, so no more than a hour,..,

Back
Top Bottom