RODI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a 30" fixture, and a not so good brand.

Stick with the Nova Extreme or the fishneedit fixture. Fixtures that are definitely quality approved and will do you well. I say spend the extra bit on the lighting, it'll certainly be worth it.

The other things you save on like buying mostly base rock, and getting dry sand will pay for the extra cost on the light

iDreamInSaltwater said:
That's a 30" fixture, and a not so good brand.

Stick with the Nova Extreme or the fishneedit fixture. Fixtures that are definitely quality approved and will do you well. I say spend the extra bit on the lighting, it'll certainly be worth it.

The other things you save on like buying mostly base rock, and getting dry sand will pay for the extra cost on the light

tru i only get 10bucks a week...this is gna take awhile is the shippin outrageous

For which fixture? The shipping is usually higher because the fixtures are somewhat delicate and the ones that include bulbs they have to ship them as well which equals fragile shipping costs

iDreamInSaltwater said:
For which fixture? The shipping is usually higher because the fixtures are somewhat delicate and the ones that include bulbs they have to ship them as well which equals fragile shipping costs

well wht kinda lights do i need?

For a standard 10G a 2ft 2-bulb fishneedit.com T5HO, or the Current USA Nova Extreme 24" 2-bulb T5HO.

Both would be perfect for a 10G and awesome for a starter in the reef world, you'll be able to keep a wide variety of corals

If you want to be successful in this hobby you should follow best practices. RO/DI is a best practice for reefs.

There's a sticky about the cost. It's actually less than buying water from the store.

Face it, you'll likely want to upgrade to a larger tank.

PrettyFishies said:
If you want to be successful in this hobby you should follow best practices. RO/DI is a best practice for reefs.

There's a sticky about the cost. It's actually less than buying water from the store.

Face it, you'll likely want to upgrade to a larger tank.

yeah my lfs has a rodi for 100-150 but iits huge hows it gna fit under mmy sink i live in a appt.

Well, that's a different problem. You could look for a 30/35 GPD unit on EBay and could find on for under 80 for sure. Maybe it's smaller.

There may be an adapter to attach to your sink. I never liked piercing the plumbing and you can't do that in a rental.

You may have to buy the RODI water after all. But I would avoid tap and normal bottled water.

PrettyFishies said:
Well, that's a different problem. You could look for a 30/35 GPD unit on EBay and could find on for under 80 for sure. Maybe it's smaller.

There may be an adapter to attach to your sink. I never liked piercing the plumbing and you can't do that in a rental.

You may have to buy the RODI water after all. But I would avoid tap and normal bottled water.

it's its .25 .40 per g i dont mind its only a 10gallon

Back
Top Bottom