Rodi unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to get an rodi unit I seen this on CL wanted to ask if anyone has used it, if it works good, and if the price is right. The guy came down to $100, he said it only has about 100 gallon put through it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394028988780.jpg
    1394028988780.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 83
Anyone with experience with this one is 100 a good price

Say the filters need replaced if that is what they are called sorry never had any experience with this before. What is a cost to replace what would need to be replaced. Thanks for all the help.

Yeah and with changing the filters not.saving a hole lot.. you can get on bulk reef supply web site and order a replacement kit. The kit comes with everything you need

The only expensive replacement is the RO membrane. Those usually cost about 40 bucks. the other filters are 3 to 5 dollars a piece, and then you have DI resin. You will need to change that out regularly anyway.

Ok thanks all, I'm going to look into buying it. Another question off topic is I have a uv sterilizer that I have never used it cam with the setup I bought of cl. Is there a benefit to hook it up now?

Not sure if I need I know nothing at all about them. Didn't know if it was good to hook it up and run it since I have it. I don't have an algae problem. Every now and then I will get light brown on my glass and I can see were my snails have traveled through it. But that only happens if I don't clean my glass every few days.

You are always going to have that, sterilizer or not. If this is a reef tank, I would skip it. If it's just a fish only, running it won't really do any harm, but IMO it's unnecessary.

Ok sounds like it might go on CL then. It's just been sitting around for a year

Back
Top Bottom