Rose tip bubble anemone moving.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brucmod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My rose tip has traveled off my live rock and is anchored now on the glass below the intake in my tank

Should I move it? How do I get it off the glass without hurting it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you move it most likely it will move again they will move place to place where they are happy but if it's still on the glass and you really don't like it there get a bag of ice and tape it to where it is on the outside of the tank and it will go off after the base will get cold but do not stick and ice cube in the water to get her to pull off her base it can really hurt them but I would just leave it and she'll move on her own if she's not happy

30 gallon reef jbj RL tank
40 gallon pleco tank

Sounds like it is trying to get more light. What kind of lighting is over the tank? These guys need intense lighting to survive.

shes moving cause shes not happy ( probably lighting wise)... thats why shes moving up the glass. whats your parameters and lighting and tank size.

Thanks for all the replies
It's A 20 gallon Nuvo tank with a pair of 18w SKKYE lights ( 3x10k and 3x456nm color)

All water parameters are normal.
Although salinity dropped to 1.24.
I did a 30% watt change today and it's back to 1.25

I did end up moving the coral onto some cracks in my live rock. Seems to be doing ok, it's moving a bit , but seems happy . Unfortunately my torch is now looking very sickly . Any ideas ? I attached some photos ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426791506.702613.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426791535.316770.jpg

Thanks for all the replies
It's A 20 gallon Nuvo tank with a pair of 18w SKKYE lights ( 3x10k and 3x456nm color)

All water parameters are normal.
Although salinity dropped to 1.24.
I did a 30% watt change today and it's back to 1.25

I did end up moving the coral onto some cracks in my live rock. Seems to be doing ok, it's moving a bit , but seems happy . Unfortunately my torch is now looking very sickly . Any ideas ? I attached some photos View attachment 267820View attachment 267821

That's also no where near enough light for a BTA. It's not happy in the most recent picture either.

And +1 with hank, with out numbers we can't help.

If you mean nitrite is at .25, that could be the reason things aren't happy. Have you tested alkalinity?

I am out of alkaline test stuff, have to get some in the next day or so.. Also I did a 30% water change yesterday, so I will retest in a day or so, once everything settles out.

Back
Top Bottom