Royal gramma or chalk bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume chalks don't hide as much as grammas. I mean I've only had mine for a day but I've read they rarely leave their little spot.

Lol guys, i love them! And dont worry about the hiding just yet. Firefish and basslets can hide for a few days before they are ready to come out! I didnt see my chalk bass for at least a week before it started to show itself :)

70 gallons w/ a 55 gallon sump/ refugium (only 30 is utilized though) and it's fairly new. I had the tank sitting (had lots of problems w/ setting up even before I added water) for over about a year and a half so I used the time to research. Now I have a bunch of snails, some crabs, a serpent star, one chromis, one clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, and zoas, mushrooms, lps, and sps corals. Going slow and steady with stocking and such :) Do you have the normal firefish or the purple one? I was going to get a purple one a few days ago, but my lfs didn't have them in stock.

Lol guys, i love them! And dont worry about the hiding just yet. Firefish and basslets can hide for a few days before they are ready to come out! I didnt see my chalk bass for at least a week before it started to show itself :)

Yeah I'm expecting to not see it for a while. Pretty strange how things just find a place to "disappear". Just saw my serpent sea star come out today (when I put in some table shrimp) after a month of not seeing it! I know they're nocturnal, but so are nassarius snails, but they come up whenever they smell food. :lol:

obscurereef said:
70 gallons w/ a 55 gallon sump/ refugium (only 30 is utilized though) and it's fairly new. I had the tank sitting (had lots of problems w/ setting up even before I added water) for over about a year and a half so I used the time to research. Now I have a bunch of snails, some crabs, a serpent star, one chromis, one clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, and zoas, mushrooms, lps, and sps corals. Going slow and steady with stocking and such :) Do you have the normal firefish or the purple one? I was going to get a purple one a few days ago, but my lfs didn't have them in stock.

I had a purple he died of what I suspected was some kind of internal disease cause his stomach was sunken in. So my lfs gave me a red one since they didn't have any more purple.

Nu-Nu the eel said:

I really wish I could have both. Do you really think they will fight I mean they don't look similar. And inhabit different parts of the aquarium. Idk I guess it's just wishful thinking lol. ;)

Well i guess its kinda like the 2 dwarf angels in a small tank scenario. Could work, might not. :eek:

Should I try it? I heard it can be done but in way bigger tanks than mine. What do you guys think?

I wouldnt but i havent done much research on the subject because i have never been interested in having 2 basslets.... Maybe make a thread?

Awesome!! I hope he doesnt dissapoint! Dont be suprised if he hides for a few days though!

Back
Top Bottom