Royal gramma or chalk bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which makes a better tank mate to a red firefish?? I'm kind of confused I've searched and didn't find much about the chalk bass.

And I've heard rg will kill the ff cause they look similar.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

I'd get the most peaceful fish which is the royal gramma. The chalk bass is semi-aggressive, but I personally like their appearance more.

obscurereef said:
I'd get the most peaceful fish which is the royal gramma. The chalk bass is semi-aggressive, but I personally like their appearance more.

I do too you really think a chalk bass would kill a fire fish though?

obscurereef said:
How big is the tank? The smaller, usually the more territorial it will be.

Just a regular 29g BioCube.

Stock is

Goby
2x clown
Firefish
6-line wrasse

I wanted to get one, but LA says when they get older they can pick at shrimp. I think that's the only reason why they're labeled semi-aggressive. It says they are not aggressive towards other fish, so maybe that's your answer!

obscurereef said:
I wanted to get one, but LA says when they get older they can pick at shrimp. I think that's the only reason why they're labeled semi-aggressive. It says they are not aggressive towards other fish, so maybe that's your answer!

Well I'm going to try it wish me luck!

I've always loved the fw apistos I guess the chalk reminds me of them.

Oh, well still vibrant colors. Better luck next time? If there's another opportunity to add a fish.

Dang! I loved my bass. Not agressive AT ALL. Dont worry about it if you ever want to get one

Do basslets get along? If they do, and your firefish is the only one in the tank, I don't see why not.

Chalk bass are the best.

Attachments

• image-1719882643.jpg
    image-1719882643.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3835681176.jpg
    image-3835681176.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom