Running carbon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cfcheong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am new here and I got a 20 gallon SW DT and a 10 gallon sump, and I want to run some carbon in the system. Can I just using a fine filter bag with carbon media inside and put that into the sump? Or where should I put the carbon bag? I have a overflow box and a Remora Pro S HOB skimmer. Your answers will be highly appreciated.

cfcheong said:
Hello, I am new here and I got a 20 gallon SW DT and a 10 gallon sump, and I want to run some carbon in the system. Can I just using a fine filter bag with carbon media inside and put that into the sump? Or where should I put the carbon bag? I have a overflow box and a Remora Pro S HOB skimmer. Your answers will be highly appreciated.

Carbon is best run in a reactor however, it can be placed in a filter bag but with lesser efficiency. If placed in a bag it in a high flow area. In a baffle area of the sump will allow water somewhat flow through it.

cfcheong said:
For example running carbon in Phosban 150 reactor?

Yep that should work as long as you have foam pads to hold the carbon together so it will not tumble.

Back
Top Bottom