Running my led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's on a 17g tank anyone know

Wow 100 Watts on LED lighting on a 17 gallon tank is realy pushing a lot of light on the tank.

Normaly I advise a good starting point for light cycling is turning on the atinics(blues lights) then 2 hours later turn on the white lights, then 10 hours later turn off the withe lights, and finaly two hours later turn off the atinics. This give you basicly 14 hours of atinics and 10 hours with them both on, and 10 hours of darkness.

But with the lights as bright as I suspect your are going to be you might have to reduce the on cycles considerably. I never reccomend more less than 10 hours of total light since photosynthesis starts slowly and bulds up over time.

Dennis

Definitely only go for higher light loving corals...the kinds found at the surface of the ocean. Definitely research before you buy corals, and probably try to have a shorter light cycle because those lights would be so bright for the tank.

Ya your at 6W per G that's a lot... I'm at 3-4W per G but my tank is 39" deep... I would have your lights higher above the tank and when introducing new corals I would have a shorter light period eventually lengthening it out to 10-12 hours of "sun".

Sorry I did not know where to post it and I posted it 3 times

Back
Top Bottom