Rylan's 29G Reef Coralife BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I should've started this thread at unboxing, but I couldn't wait...
Anyways, I want to tell you how much I love this tank, I think it cost about $700 dollars for the whole setup, only thing it doesn't come with is a skimmer and a heater. It took me all but 5 minutes to have this thing plugged in a ready to fill. Great design. I will tell everyone all about it later in this thread but at this point I finished the cycle 3 days ago and got 2 thumbnail-sized orange clowns yesterday. I have all my live rock in and it's still adding life to the dry rock. I also have 2 hermits in there. I'm not sure how much rock is in there but I have a aragonite sand bed about 2' deep.

I just wanted to start a thread for my first reef tank for everyone including myself. I can't believe I have finally gone from reading to doing! Super stoked!
I'll update this later today.

Just keep swimming!

Actually I'm not worried about describing this tank now I'm sure it will get described as we move onwards... Anyways here's a pic of my final decision as far as the hard scape goes for now.tank is still dusty from the aragonite but here's what I got so far. Plus 2 herms and a dying sponge ( it was kinda abused upon transportation )
Pics not uploading :/

Just found this. What is it? Tank is extremely young and this is the first thing I've found growing.
It's got high light and med-high flow.
Reddish brown in color, stands about 1/4 inch tall and is about 1/6 in in diameter. Anyone know?
For some reason I can't post pic. Sorry. It looks like a paly I think. Please post pic with guess so I can compare. I'm extremely curious to know what it is. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom