Saddleback Clown and Domino Damsel questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crono_vivi

Aquarium Advice Regular
1. How are Saddleback Clowns? I never see people talking about them, and I think they look cool. I want a pair of clowns FOR SURE, but not sure one whether I want to get Percula's or these.

2. How would a Domino Damsel do in a community tank if it was added last? Would it still push around the clowns if I get him small?

3. And about Blennies or Gobies, which would you suggest for my 38? I was thinking either the Bicolor Blenny or the Orange-Spotted Goby.

BTW, I have a 38 Gallon if no one guessed.

Thanks.

1. Saddleback Clowns, I have a pair and love them. They seem to be more aggressive than the perculas thou.

2. Domino Damsels, IMO mean little boogers, I would pass

3. As for Blennies, I had a Bicolor Blenny, but it was far too aggressive and I had to get rid of him. Interesting fish however, he would leave "kiss" marks all over the glass.

Try the yellow canary blenny. Swims out front a lot and has a very quizzical nature about him. Don't handle though, 'cause the bite is venomous, but only used as a defense against other fish when needed. Neat fish.

Had a bi-color once. He just hung out on the rocks in plain view and swam around a bit to check things out from time to time. Wasn't agreesive at all - but maybe since he was one of the last ones in.

Oh yeah. Meant to address the goby. Have you thought about a pistol shrimp and goby combination? Very interesting to watch. There's also the cleaner goby variety. I like the neon (blue) goby. Got both the neon and the watchman shrimp goby in mine. They've got different territtories and don't bother each other at all.

So you like your Saddlebacks? Do they have a cool personality?

I'm not getting the Domino, I don't want any TOO aggressive fish.

Pistol Shrimp and Goby? What do they do?

Pistol shrimp burrows under the sand. Nearly blind though. The shrimp goby (there are different kinds) posts at the burrow holes and keeps a sharp lookout. They share food, sleeping quarters, and are virtually a pair for life. The goby warns the shrimp when danger approaches. Neat relationship.

You talkin' about these? Saddle BROWN. I've got farm raised percs. They are very friendly and seemingly not as afraid of wild captive fish IMO.

Saddle Brown Clownfish
(Amphiprion polymnus)
Quick Stats
Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 4"
Color Form: Brown, White, Orange
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Diet: Omnivore
Compatibility: View Chart