Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
I've made my peace with that catastrophe. I was sick over it for the longest time but I'm not going to let it discourage me. The base of the stand got wet at some point and it undermined the integrity - it wasn't a wooden stand but some composite material. The tank slid off and punched a hole in my wall and floor and took out my refugium (I've got a post about it somewhere on here). The glass didn't crack for some reason. I'm repurposing the 60G tank. My son wants a bearded dragon so I'm building a vivarium out of it. That's a totally cool side project. I don't like lizards but I like the research and planning and building part. After that is done, I want to take a stab at a paludarium. That is going to be really cool and I've got some ideas I can't wait to try out.

Anyway, I've removed some rock and it made a world of difference! I don't like the layout as well but it had to be done. Water flow improved immediately and I think I'm going to sidestep a few problems by doing that.

Sadial is offline   Reply With Quote

24 gallon, build, gallon, sad

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com