Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-19-2004, 09:22 AM   #21
It depends on what you have in your tank right? ,I have all fish, was told between 20-22 is where it should be is that wrong
Old 08-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

How about plain old grocery store distilled water? Any disadvantages. My RO/DI supplier is shut down for a few weeks.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #23
Thats allot better then tap water ,look at the bottle , publix water states ro
Old 08-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
distilled water is suitable. check the grocery stores though, as a lot of them have R/O water machines, and you pay by the gallon...anywhere from 10 cents to 40 cents. That's what I do...carbon filtered, R/O, run thru a UV sterilizer as it exits the machine. 10cents a gallon.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #25
Believe it or not the only bottled water I found that states R.O on it is the publix brand cheaper water, only 65 cents per gal
all the other including the top brands that cost more only say carbon filtered
so why pay more when publix brand is cheaper and is RO
Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to nodoubt471
or make friends with somebody that works in a chemistry lab and have them bring you 5 gallon containers of RO/DI water for free
nodoubt471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 AM   #27
I use plastic 6 gal fuel jugs, there nice and cheap also, paid seven bucks each at walmart, I keep them for when I am in the area of the fish store
there water is 50 cents a gal but way out of my way, for another 15 cents I buy it at publix
Old 08-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by malkore
check grocery stores. I can get R/O water thats been UV filtered, for 10cents a gallon!
**** where do you guys shop... I found distilled at walmart for $.58 and the RO/DI (they call it Drinking water) was almost $2.00 a gallon! I don't even see any grocery stores locally that seem to even have distilled (although I didn't read the drinking water labels) but they def weren't something like $.10 or even $.25. What chains are you using?

MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com