Salt for 45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysticeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally got a 50 gallon food grade container to hold RO water. The flow switch is set to turn off at 45 gallons (give or take a gallon). My question is how many cups should I add of salt. Of course I will test the salinity till it is perfect, but I need a starting point of how many cups I should add.

I want to say its 1/2 cup for each gallon, but like you said, and I am going to repeat. Check salinity OFTEN. It will seem its going up slowly, and then BAM you're way too high!

Good luck.

You should add the same amount of salt as how many gallons of water added so if you added 45Gallons total you would add 45 1/2 cups of salt, All or most salt have 1/2 cup of salt = to 1 gallon of water. HTH

mysticeel said:
Finally got a 50 gallon food grade container to hold RO water. The flow switch is set to turn off at 45 gallons (give or take a gallon). My question is how many cups should I add of salt. Of course I will test the salinity till it is perfect, but I need a starting point of how many cups I should add.

Read on the salt container,it should tell you how much salt per gallon to mix.It can depend on the Salt brand.

Back
Top Bottom