salt level is off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah you people crack me up, hound the guy over his typing grammar and judge him for "not having a hydrometer" which he clearly has. Yet no one comments on the yellow tang in a 30g, face palm. Let's try to be nice and help the poor guy.

To lower your salinity aka specific gravity just remove small amounts of salt water from the tank everyday and replace with fresh reverse osmosis deionized water. FYI this is the water you want to use for everything in salt water. It is pure and only adds the stuff you want on the water that is part of your salt mix. Once you get your salinity down to 1.026 your set. Also FYI that tang shouldn't be in there and the nems also. The tang needs a much larger tank and the nems need high power lighting.

It was the same person asking why the OP talks like they are uneducated (but that did not end questions with a question mark). :) I'm guessing it's a language issue, but that makes no difference. We can help without being rude or simply choose not to respond, IMO.

I think the yellow Tang issue was addressed in another post. The OP seems to ask questions and then not listen to advice, which they will learn is an expensive/and frustrating way to move forward in this hobby.

It was the same person asking why the OP talks like they are uneducated (but that did not end questions with a question mark). :) I'm guessing it's a language issue, but that makes no difference. We can help without being rude or simply choose not to respond, IMO.

I think the yellow Tang issue was addressed in another post. The OP seems to ask questions and then not listen to advice, which they will learn is an expensive/and frustrating way to move forward in this hobby.

For a second I thought you were talking about me. I was pretty scared, haha. True, he may be from another part of the world where English isn't the main language. Which is perfectly acceptable. Where as not listening to good advice will likely cost very much in the end.

Ok, to the OP where is your salinity at now? It should be getting close to the 1.026

Back
Top Bottom