salt level is off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justnick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I vacuum my tank and did water change and now my salt level is wack what do I do plz plz help I'm scared going lose my stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need take out a gal and add freash water

Idk would you like me too look even though I just change and add new water

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know that the salinity is off then. You have to know before you can do anything.

It was over after I vacuum hold on I will test it now

Looks like 1.028 which is a little on the high side. What size tank is this?

Its not a real killer. You want it at 1.026. I would take out a half gallon of tank water and replace it with fresh water. Do that every night till it reaches 1.026. You'll be ok.

1) 1 invest in a refractometer, swing arm hydrometers are junk ( you may want to take a sample to your lfs and have them double check your salinity)
2) if it really is .028 just slowly add some ro to drop it about .001 an hour or so, if you fill the water to high to do this drain some salt water out and slowly replace with ro

+1. Refractometer. Hydrometers are very unreliable.

I'd just change some saltwater for RO/DI water, everyday, until it goes down. It's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry, but please type with proper language. It's hard to understand what you are saying, and it's harder to help if you type with texting language and improper grammar. Not trying to be rude, but it's to benefit everyone.

Why do you have a salt water tank -_- without anything to measure salt. Why did you not do research. Why do you talk like you're uneducated. Why do you have lighting that looks like what I use for fw fish.

Why do you have a salt water tank -_- without anything to measure salt. Why did you not do research. Why do you talk like you're uneducated. Why do you have lighting that looks like what I use for fw fish.

They have a hydrometer that measures salt. Not very accurate, but close enough for fish. They have already been warned about the lighting not being strong enough, but the anemones are not going to survive in a new tank, even with the proper lighting. If they only have fish, the lighting does not matter.

This is obviously somebody new to saltwater. Being harsh on them doesn't solve their problems.

Back
Top Bottom