Salt mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXclownin'

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I just double posted so ill edit this one and fire away with another question. What salt mix seems to be the best? Where do most of you purchase your salt, test kits, etc for the cheapest price?

You'll get a dozen different answers on salt mixes. I personally like Oceanic brand. I buy it from the LFS because online prices aren't much better, and there's a nasty shipping fee for heavy items (I buy 6 gallon buckets)

Test kits i buy online, lots cheaper. Usually from drsfostersmith.com I prefer them to BigAls, especially for customer service quality.

Is 3 watts a gallon enough to keep the hardier anemone alive? Also what do the anemone actually eat?

I like Instant Ocean . It does not dissolve the best, but it produces a very reliable and stable product.

I've used the Oceanic - dissolves great - but had a problem with diatom blooms. I've read that others have experienced the same.

I've tried Reef Crystals - it was ok but more expensive.

I've also tried Red Sea .

Still, I like Instant Ocean.

I use Instant Ocean's Reef Crystals. I like it and even WITH shipping I can buy it online for much cheaper than I can get it locally!

Im an oceanic salt guy myself. You will hear some rave about oceanic and some hate it. So far i've used 3 200G buckets of it and have not had problems. (knock on wood) My CA is right on target out of the bucket but I do have to raise my ALK. So until something happens for me to change im sticking with oceanic.

Back
Top Bottom