salt residue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pool_dude

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey People,

Just wondering, how do you guys keeping your tank clean? especially the outside e.g. salt residue from evaporation? and how do you guys deal with evaporation too? just like to say thanks to the people who respond to this topic!

Vinegar makes a good glass cleaner and residue remover. There is a glass cleaner that's made for glass aquariums. I don't remember the name, but it's in a short spray bottle and the liquid is kind of green in color. Stuff works great on residues. Note...any cleaner should be first sprayed onto a towel before wiping the glass to avoid the cleaner from getting into the water.

and how do you guys deal with evaporation too?

Replace evap'd water with fresh water. More heat, ambient or from direct lighting makes it evap faster. I lose twice as much water in the winter time it seems.

I keep my lids on and ensure that my hood is closed. I barely loose 1cm on a 3 foot tank per month or so.

I use Glass Plus wipes. I am hesitant of spraying glass cleaner around the tank and the wipes seem to do the trick.

No one ever touches the glass so i just use a wet paper towel and dry with a microfiber cloth.

I have that Safe & Easy stuff. I don't like it, it leaves streaks really bad! I use Alchohol & Water (50/50) Spraying it on towel first obviously. It works wonders for the salt residue that develops.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom