Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

BTW-He is probably not kidding about the leash thing either!

Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ok.. their finishing up the paint in our building - so we should be placing the ponds, and working on building the supports, plumbing, etc over the next 2 weeks... Another thing I was wondering about... Talking to friends that have a lot of tanks - and reading here - it looks like a 20% water exchange a month is the industry standard... and the primary reason is to get rid of nitrates. But then instead of a random number like 20% every month... Isn't there a formula? Like 5% if Nitrate level is X, but do 10% when it reaches Y.

What if you test the water - and all levels are great - do you still change water?? And how about denitrators - Like this thing I found: http://www.aquaripure.com/index.htm
Anyone have any experience with that??

Appreciate all the help from the pros here... and great running into one of my scuba students from the past!! I guess my survival rate is better than I thought!

And yea... We've got some coiled lanyards we use to hook onto cameras.. They also go nicely around a kids wrist with a clip on the other end to hook to daddy's belt loop. Trying to get the manufacturer to make some that fit around the neck instead of wrist... but for some liablilty reasons they hesitate... Oh well....

Larry
info@scubatoys.com

Tags
koi, pond, salt, salt water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com