Salt Water Rookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for that

I only have a 50 gallon so bye bye blue tang...maybe I'll hold off on the Royal Starfish....i want a reef safe one though so I'll have to find a new one or try to make my tank perfect, then add him. SHould i add something else for a cuc then since my starfish is gone...like an exta lawnmower? How do red bali stars do?

Also looking at more coral I really like the Miami Orchid Staghorn. I don't know how prices compare but Saltwater Reef Aquariums: Live Coral for Saltwater Coral Reef Aquariums seems to be a good place, they also aquaculture a lot of their corals (which I love, save our natural reefs)

You can get a serpent starfish. Great starfish and it's good for a new tank as well. :) They have them in several colors too.

those freak me out. I would never stick my hand in that tank.

LOL. I thought so at first too, but they are kinda neat. You can feed them small pieces of food by hand... :-D

NO CHANCE IN HELL! :eek::hide:

LOL. I thought so at first too, but they are kinda neat. You can feed them small pieces of food by hand... :-D

How are tuxedo urchins? Can I touch those...I accidentally stepped on a urchin in Cayman so I'm scared of them, but the tux one looks neat?

I don't think you can touch any urchin, they all have those spike things. I have a purple one, he mosies about the tank with empty shells stuck to himself. LOL

Clams need a lot of light. I had a maxima and he fell off the rock he was placed at and his foot got yanked and he died. :-( Definitely not for the first timer. Not even sure i will try again....

Just tested ammonia this is the second day. Current level is at 2.0

Back
Top Bottom