saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPalenzuela

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello im starting my reef and fosh tank is there any good books you all recomend to read?

Welcome. I had a good book on it a couple years ago but when I got ready to start my SW experience I couldn't find it. LOL To be honest though, this forum will be better than any book. Just start reading through any post that looks interesting. Especially the ones were people are asking questions. You would be amazed at what you will learn in a very short time. One other piece of advice, plan ahead, research and then post your plan on this forum. Let the experts pick it apart and make recommendations. If you do that, you will have a great tank that is easier to care for. If not, you are going to pull out a lot of hair along the way.

Well thank you very much! Well I have a question. Im going to have a marine saltwater tank. And a few corals. Not to many. What can I put in my sump to have a good filtration system. I have a skimmer. And a few sponges. I dont feel like its good enough. I have a 75 gal tank. 20 gal sump. And 30 punds of live rock so far. I just started it 4 days ago.

I am no expert (only a couple months into my first tank) and I have a canister but I would say you are in pretty good shape for the time being. Your cycle is going to take a while (varies with every tank) and while that is happening you don't want to add anything that is alive. The ammonia will hurt all the living creatures. If you have not already read it, here is a great article on cycling your tank Cycle your salt tank It really helped me to understand the process.

Back
Top Bottom