Saltwater beginer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey everyone.
1st off i will interduce myself (since i have never posted anything in the saltwater forums before). Hi i'm Mike i live in Georgia and i have 3 tanks.
2nd off my questions. Could i keep SW fish in a 10g tank? What kind (i really like clown fish)? What do i need to get a SW tank up and running? and any other things you feel i might want to know. oh and can i keep any thing in a 1 gallon tank? thanks for all help.

hey everyone.
1st off i will interduce myself (since i have never posted anything in the saltwater forums before). Hi i'm Mike i live in Georgia and i have 3 tanks.
2nd off my questions. Could i keep SW fish in a 10g tank? What kind (i really like clown fish)? What do i need to get a SW tank up and running? and any other things you feel i might want to know. oh and can i keep any thing in a 1 gallon tank? thanks for all help.

1. Welcome to the site!
2. You could keep them in a 10 gallon tank but bigger is always better in saltwater especially for beginners. there are many types of fish that would fit in a 10 gallon but you could probably only put 2-3 fish in it. I believe that there is an article in the articles section of the site that lists everything you need to start a SW tank. Not sure what else you should know, anything you want to know?:D You could keep a mini reef in a 1 gallon with some shrimp but it is not a good idea for beginners.

why cant i just mix a bunch of salt in with water put the water in the tank have a heater and a filter and then put in some fish?

Just like freshwater you also need to cycle the tank with an ammonia source. As far as your filter your main source of filtration will be your Live Rock and your Live Sand with is nothing more than something that holds beneficial bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom