Saltwater Best Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nat_a126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, hope I'm in the right section! In your opinion, which saltwater heater would you recommend and why? I have a 65 gallon at 76 degress and I want to raise it to 78.

I have a 75 gallon with a 40 Breeder sump and I run two Eheim 200w heaters. With these they don't have to work as hard and if one craps the bed the other can still heat the tank

cobalt aquatics neo-therm heaters are a solid choice. whatever you do, i wouldnt recommend marineland heaters. i had 2 stealth heaters (one just randomly quit, the other shocked me) and 2 visa-therms (of which neither would turn on/off reliably. sadly i have 2 visatherms now (free replacements) and i hate them. oh and did i mention that i was using one of my 150w visatherms in my 10g qt tank with my purple tang, woke up the next day to my tang barely alive, water freezing cold.

cobalt aquatics neo-therm heaters are a solid choice. whatever you do, i wouldnt recommend marineland heaters. i had 2 stealth heaters (one just randomly quit, the other shocked me) and 2 visa-therms (of which neither would turn on/off reliably. sadly i have 2 visatherms now (free replacements) and i hate them. oh and did i mention that i was using one of my 150w visatherms in my 10g qt tank with my purple tang, woke up the next day to my tang barely alive, water freezing cold.

Sorry to hear that :( good thing ehiem isn't marineland lol

I have a 75 gallon with a 40 Breeder sump and I run two Eheim 200w heaters. With these they don't have to work as hard and if one craps the bed the other can still heat the tank

K thanks, will definitely look into the 200 watts. But do you thing I will need something that powerful when I'm only trying to raise it two degrees?

I use aqueon pro's in all my tanks and have yet to have any issues with them, I have maybe 6 of them and they are all a few years old. I like the aqueons cause they arent that expensive and they arent breakable. :)

I use aqueon pro's in all my tanks and have yet to have any issues with them, I have maybe 6 of them and they are all a few years old. I like the aqueons cause they arent that expensive and they arent breakable. :)

Are those fully submersible?

Ypper. and they are jet black so they blend right into the black background of my tanks. They also have a light that goes red when its heating and a green when it has reached temp. I even use them in my salt mixing cans, I have had great luck with them.

I couldnt justify spending $100 on a heater so I went with these. lol

Ypper. and they are jet black so they blend right into the black background of my tanks. They also have a light that goes red when its heating and a green when it has reached temp. I even use them in my salt mixing cans, I have had great luck with them.

I couldnt justify spending $100 on a heater so I went with these. lol

Thanks :) planning to put them in the sump. How much did you spend on them and how many watts are they?

I usually get the 200watt ones and they are about $40 or a bit less. I'd check out amazon.com and price them. You want the wattage to be enough to heat the water and not have to be on all the time to keep the temp, thats why the 200w should be good.

I would definitely get a 200 watt heater. I was using a 150 watt eheim on my 40 breeder with 40 gal sump and even turned up all the way only stayed around 75-76. Got a 200 watt cobalt neo-therm and now 78 constantly. Excellent heater IMO.

I would definitely get a 200 watt heater. I was using a 150 watt eheim on my 40 breeder with 40 gal sump and even turned up all the way only stayed around 75-76. Got a 200 watt cobalt neo-therm and now 78 constantly. Excellent heater IMO.

I usually get the 200watt ones and they are about $40 or a bit less. I'd check out amazon.com and price them. You want the wattage to be enough to heat the water and not have to be on all the time to keep the temp, thats why the 200w should be good.

But my question is can I get away with two 75 watt heater since I only need to raise the temperature 2 degrees? Or would you recommend two 100 watt heaters?

I run two heaters in my 60 gallon. One is 150 watt Fluval and the other is 300 watt aqueon...as mentioned earlier if one fails the other one will keep the tank heated.

I think I'm not going to end up getting one after all, maybe next winter because honestly it doesn't get cold where I live. The temperature in my house is 77 degrees and with the lights on my tank is 80 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom