Saltwater Cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boontonbill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a quote today from my local fish store of $1.85 per gallon for his reverse osmosis saltwater. Is this a fair price ? Should I have any reservations about buying this water ? I am only filling a 14 gallon tank. I will also use it for water changes.

If you can afford it then go for it. My LFS charges a dollar a gallon. I make my own as in the long run it will be cheaper.

Did you ask what salt they are using? That price seems high to me. $1 a Gallon is the norm. Grocery store water and your own salt would be cheaper.

My LFS charges $1.00 a gallon of ro/di water and $1.75 a gallon for already mixed SW using reef crystals. Your price sounds a little on the high side (by 0.10 lol), but not that bad really since you only need 14 gallons of it.

I pay fifty cents a gallon for RO/DI. If that is not saltwater then just buy distilled water from the grocery store. If that is saltwater then that price is good to horrible depending on the salt they are using.

my LFS charges $1/G for SW, and like $.25/G for RO/DI water

if you trust them and can afford it, go ahead.

people mix their own SW for the price effectiveness and so they know what theyre getting. i trust my lfs so ill buy their water, and i dont qt since all my livestock comes from them

Back
Top Bottom