Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Saltwater for Dummies

hey guys.
My partner and I have come to the conclusion that we would like to look into turning our 120gal FW with South Americans into a salt water tank..
We now have the room to move the SA's into another tank which is being setup atm.

we most probably will be looking into fowlr or reef. I've watched a few threads and got a few basics, but i'm wondering if anyone can recommend any new-to-me sites or articles I can read up on it further.

Articles that are written with the intent to be read by people who have never delt with anything to do with salt aquariums prefferably.
One site I particularly like is www.saltwater-aquarium.org
which was very good at explaining things for the average joe.

I won't ask about books, because many you recommend we won't be able to get over here, so that'll be a trip to the local library.
anyone got any good saltwater for dummies sites?

We both have the time and patience to make it work, so we are actually quite looking forward to slowly watching everything develop into a desirably aquascaped tank

Dimidiochromis compressiceps,
Astatotilapia latifasciata
Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
DeFeKt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #2

Once you have an idea what your looking for, Google can be a great resource as well.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would not get that book. Rather get Robert Fenner's The Conscientious Marine Aquarist. Easy enough for the novice SW keeper to understand, yet technical enough to be a book you'll always reference in the future.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com