Saltwater nano set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal1402

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

New to the forum hoping to get advice. I'm a total newb in saltwater, I'm still doing my homework and attempting a nano (5 uk gallon) marine set up. Bit of an odd question but I'm taking a fully functioning ecosystem from a friends 95 gallon and miniaturising it into my little boys 5 gallon. No sump no skimmer just a crap load of live rock (allowing for maximum water volume) and live sand @ 2" deep. My question is this, do I need to cycle the tank as normal or is it all set and ready to go. When I've done this in the past with freshwater tropical I've had no issues but I am not experienced in marine.
Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

Nige ?

You might have some rock die off depending on how the rock is transported. :)

I have done the same thing many times with my tanks, just move over established rock and let it sit for a few days, testing for any parameter swings and if not I am good to go.

Carey, thank you so much. Very excited at this prospect and I appreciate the advice. I'll be back soon with another inane question for you experts

Back
Top Bottom