Saltwater Newbie looking for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 ^

Check out purple fire fish if you don't mind spending a little more. Wicked awesome. Also check into a wrasse. Very active.

Khij159753 said:
+1 ^

Check out purple fire fish if you don't mind spending a little more. Wicked awesome. Also check into a wrasse. Very active.

I was considering a carpenter wrasse l. I really like the coloration on them. Will a 50 gallon br suitable for those?

Khij159753 said:
+1 ^

The purple firefish is pretty awesome. I think I'd rather add that guy to my stock. Would just one or two be better?

Either works just fine but I usually see 2 idk if 1 would be any shyer but 2 are out quite a bit.

Remember you will only be able to have a total of about 5-6 fish (Assuming each one's grown size is 3" and are active swimmers). So choose wisely. But yeah if you want a firefish I would recommend it being the 1st one into the tank. They can by shy and skittish at first. And after that try adding about 1 fish a week as long as all the water parameters stay stable :)

LadyQuorra said:
Remember you will only be able to have a total of about 5-6 fish (Assuming each one's grown size is 3" and are active swimmers). So choose wisely. But yeah if you want a firefish I would recommend it being the 1st one into the tank. They can by shy and skittish at first. And after that try adding about 1 fish a week as long as all the water parameters stay stable :)

Great! I'll add that little guy first. I can't wait to get everything ordered. Lol my first saltwater tank. I'm pretty excited to start it

Congrats! Make sure to not buy your first fish until your tank is FULLY cycled.

A lot of people when they start a tank. They start a build thread, you can do that and upload pics and people can give you advice as you go along.

Good luck!

LadyQuorra said:
Congrats! Make sure to not buy your first fish until your tank is FULLY cycled.

A lot of people when they start a tank. They start a build thread, you can do that and upload pics and people can give you advice as you go along.

Good luck!

Ok thanks a lot I think I have a good idea of the fish I want in my tank. Once everything is in place I'll start a build thread!

Back
Top Bottom