Saltwater reef setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
any one can tell me if a ecosystem like Lang sy uses is good or is a Berlin system good two I want to make a great setup but only once and lighting do I buy that separate I know I'll need power heads for circulation what equipment do I buy first after I get tank looking at 75 gallon bow front tank reading few books the new marine aquarium from michael s. Palletta animal planet saltwater aquarium and saltwater aquariums for dummies cause what equipment Im lost on is filters and protein skimmers Ventura brand they mention canister-filters but for saltwater tank does it spike nitrates any out there can explain to be the right filter to have besides live rock and sand understand that area so far I'm nervous on defiling up saltwater tank and any one use premixed saltwater already made or better mix your own please help sorry for to much questions on the table I'm new to this hobby and only bin in freshwater hobby 15 years

Any one can get me started right who's bin in the marine hobby for years what protein skimmer is the best and is the ecosystem good filtration I want to set up tank once but right thanks

solo said:
any one can tell me if a ecosystem like Lang sy uses is good or is a Berlin system good two I want to make a great setup but only once and lighting do I buy that separate I know I'll need power heads for circulation what equipment do I buy first after I get tank looking at 75 gallon bow front tank reading few books the new marine aquarium from michael s. Palletta animal planet saltwater aquarium and saltwater aquariums for dummies cause what equipment Im lost on is filters and protein skimmers Ventura brand they mention canister-filters but for saltwater tank does it spike nitrates any out there can explain to be the right filter to have besides live rock and sand understand that area so far I'm nervous on defiling up saltwater tank and any one use premixed saltwater already made or better mix your own please help sorry for to much questions on the table I'm new to this hobby and only bin in freshwater hobby 15 years

First off, Are you building an HOB or sump system?

What's an hob I'm thinking of the ecosystem like Lang sy created I'm lost on filters

solo said:
What's an hob I'm thinking of the ecosystem like Lang sy created I'm lost on filters

I have no idea who lang sy is. An HOB stands for hang on back. Are you planning to hang filters and stuff off the back wall of the display tank or are you building an overflow system that utilizes a secondary tank called a sump directly beneath. If you want to do it the right way, have your tank drilled and build a sump.

Ok ill keep that in mind and don't most sump come with an over flow box dumps already mad for protein skimmer also a canister filter bad choose

Ecosystemaquarium.com there you see how filter looks uses mud method creator who invented filter I have Michael palletta book the marine aquarium heard he uses filter it has light on it check site out tell what think I choose sump Berlin or ecosystem sump I'm so lost

Back
Top Bottom