saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 30g tank would be fine for those fish. If you can afford larger then why not, but it is not necessary either. Your best bang for the $ might be to purchase a 40g Breeder tank ;)

I would skip the 55g and go up to a 75g, A 75g takes up about the same amount of room as a 55, but you get more front to back space which makes scaping rock (supposing you are getting rock) easier. Another plus is that you get the extra water volume which helps with water params. If you are not going to be using live rock, I'd say go for the 55g. Like Innovator said, 40 breeders are nice too.

I would skip the 55g and go up to a 75g, A 75g takes up about the same amount of room as a 55, but you get more front to back space which makes scaping rock (supposing you are getting rock) easier. Another plus is that you get the extra water volume which helps with water params. If you are not going to be using live rock, I'd say go for the 55g. Like Innovator said, 40 breeders are nice too.

Agree completely. The 55 is to narrow. there is not alot of room once you get your LR in. the 75 only costs a little more

If you don't want to use any live rock then I would plan using a wet/dry if you incorporate an overflow or use 1 or 2 canister filters along with a skimmer. As for fish there are many dwarf angels, fairy wrasses, clownfish, gobies/blennies, basslets, etc. As long as you don't stick a hippopotamus in there I think you'll be fine :) If you want an actual fish list to peak your interest let me know.

Could you give a list for the fish please.Um...can I put any ornaments in there since I'm not using live rock.Also a 40 gallon breeder is ok.I really like R gramma and PJ cardinalfish!!

x8 Pj cardinals
x1 Royal gramma
x2 Clarkii clownfish
x1 dwarf angel (Flame, Eible's, Lemonpeel, or Multibarred)
x1 Flameback angel (pygmy) *Usually will coincide with dwarf angels
x3 two-spot goby
x 4 McCosker's fairy wrasse (1 male, 3 female)
x1 White-spot Hawaiian puffer (Canthigaster jactator)

That should be one heck of an interesting mix :) I'd still opt for live rock and a skimmer at least ;);)

Could you give a list for the fish please.Um...can I put any ornaments in there since I'm not using live rock.Also a 40 gallon breeder is ok.I really like R gramma and PJ cardinalfish!!

From what I have seen the ornaments look cool when you first put them in but when things start to grow in your tank they look dirty all the time. LR is the way to go. the more stuff that grows on it the cooler it looks. Also LR is not for looks only. It is part of the filtration system for your tank. If you are not going to use it you have to go to greater efforts with your external filtration.

Thanks Innovator!I will use live rock;how many pounds?And a 40 gallon breeder is OK for all those fish you listed,right?Also thanks to mdaniel2882.Do they actually help filtration?What's a skimmer?

I'd personally start with 80lbs. of uncured live rock, which will also help start your cycle. As often as base rock is used because it's inexpensive, I rather pay more for "uncured" Fiji Premium and get something worth looking at.

Those fish will be fine as long as you start slow. Those that rush into the hobby rush just as quickly out of it from lack of patience :)

Back
Top Bottom