Saltwater tank on Craigs list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanted to get some thoughts on craigs list. I am new and never really had a tank. The one I found is 75gal. It is a full setup so good there. The issue is it is between 5-10 years and has been unplugged for a year. Anything I should be looking for in this setup??

Paul

Main thing is, does it hold water? Do all the pumps work? Stand, canopy? Have it filled up before u get to see it. I buy a ton off Craig's list. What else does it include?

Hell I got a 145 gallon on Craigslist with stand, tank, canister filters and a hang on back filter all for $50.00

275 isn't bad. But 50 is better. Ill but the 145 right now. But it depend on where u live.

It is in omaha. Seen others for a lot more though. They really dont hold their value well.

Wish I could but I can't handle two screaming kids and I drive a toaster

It was very tempting. I know it would fit in my car with out the kids. I stuffed a 65 tall with stand and canopy a box of salt in there. Plus I gotta make room for a new tank. I already have four. My son has two and we have two.

I just had a 125 gallon that I bought on Craigslist split at the seam. I'm not saying don't get it however, do a check on everything. Looking back I should've re sealed the tank before I invested 3 months of work.

That's horrible. I usually have a few sets of eyes with me. I'd be livid if that was me.

WickedXb said:
That's horrible. I usually have a few sets of eyes with me. I'd be livid if that was me.

It's all good now. I bought a 75 gallon (biggest tank in town for the emergency) and now my ecosystem is back to being great

I just got mine up to par. Put a sump in with refugium and got some chemipure elite. Levels are awsome now. Was having a prob buffering my ph above 7.8 now it's 8.3. Since my dogface passed I got a couple starfish, a torch coral and a little watchman goby... Can't freakin find a pistol shrimp anywhere.

I got a 93 gallon cube with a sump, h/o lights for corals, live rock sand, protein skimmer, ro unit, a 5-6" koran angel, niger trigger and 4 damsels for like 500 on Craig's list. It was set up and running, the guy even gave me all of his food, water storage and everything. He actually raised corals and sold them, but had some rencent health issues so gave up the hobby. You can find real good deals there you just have to be patient.

Yup that's what I do. I'm looking for a reef ready tank now. Atleast 125.

Back
Top Bottom