sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obviously pool filter sand has no shelf life. Is there a shelf life for the arag-alive sand?

if you use it in freshwater, your suppose to replace every 10 years but in saltwater you don't need to because the ph will always be too high to make it dissolve.

That's good info but what about if I buy it and let it sit in the bag until I'm ready to put the tank together?

That's good info but what about if I buy it and let it sit in the bag until I'm ready to put the tank together?

you would be fine, but it will only be live for a certain amount of time. after that it just becomes really expensive aragonite sand. you would be better off buying dry aragonite and letting it become live in your own system.

you would be fine, but it will only be live for a certain amount of time. after that it just becomes really expensive aragonite sand. you would be better off buying dry aragonite and letting it become live in your own system.

+1 if you can find dry aragonite.

I like the the pink Fiji sand, just be sure to get what you like. I would rather play a little more than regret it down the road did that to much.live and learn

Back
Top Bottom