Sand bed or miracle mud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squeeky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am doing a new sump for my tank ... And just wondering on your thoughts on a sand bed or miracle mud in the sump ?

I am wondering that too. I also am setting up a refugium for another SW tank. Wondering which is better or both. Thanks for asking the question. Also I have an established refugium for my 75 gallon tank. Wonder if I can just add some mud of top of the live sand.

Once the bb builds in the dt and sump you are good to go. The bb will build on the rocks and glass of the tank so for me the sand or mud in the sump would hold more waste and harder to remove. I have some lr in mine with mangroves shoved in between with chaeto. some don't even use lr just marcoalgea and mangroves.

On my 75 gallon Reef tank, I have a 75 gallon sump with refugium. The sump is directly below in the basement. The refugium has live sand, chaeto, but little live rock. You have any suggestions for changes needed for anything on the sump? Or is this overkill?

Back
Top Bottom