Sand Cloud LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know ive read this somewhere on the forum but i cant find it. How long will my tank look like a sand storm?????? and should i run my filter for leave it settle on its own?????? Thanks guys

It will settle on its own. LOL. I'd hold off on putting on the filter until the majority of the cloud dissipates to avoid getting grit stuck in the impellers...which can scratch the impellers.

I was starting to wonder if it was the type of sand i used. I used agregite not agronite. I asked before and some said i should be ok. I sure hope so cause if not i dont know what i will do :(

My water polisher Cleared up my water greatly. Its still slightly cloudy now but that could be from my brother turning on the air to the PH's :twisted: lol ill get the saltinity back to normal and get some uncured lived rock this weeked :-D

Well i cleaned the filter out and fromt he time i shut it off to the time i came back it clouded up again. Im starting to get angry lol. Im almost to the point of removing the sand and starting over with the stuff from the LFS. I have no idea what could be wrong unless its to fine and lightweight than agronite.

I googled "agregite" and didnt find much. Only one reference to it being a clay based sand, and a few dictionary references to it being the misspelled version of "aggregate"

If it indeed clay based... perhaps that is why it isnt clearing up.

Well it cleared up fine i found out that the reason it flares up is because i have no LR or bacteria in my tank when i turn the PH's on. Nothing to help the sand stay down with that much current. We will see how it ends up

Back
Top Bottom