Sand or Coral Gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeap. No Prob. Hope it all works out for you, and don't forget to come back here with more questions. ;)

As big as you can get. IMO if you have to use chemicals, idc what the lfs guys says, it IS a chemical, you have something wrong in your tank to begin with. A properly set up tank should only need a pwc and the occasional doses of calcium and the elements depending on the salt. I agree with links (zer0), you do not have the full story from the lfs guy, for all you know, he could be telling you a load of crap just to sell a product, which most do. Just my view of things.

Unfortunately. I agree fully. Unless he's related to you in some way.. you don't really know what hes thinking or trying to do. Even then.. he could still be a jive turkey. ;D

Again I understand what both of you are saying but if he was just trying to get the most money out of me wouldn't he sell me one of the other chemicals that hes got in stock that cost a lot more than telling me to wait because he's got something better and cheaper coming in, and giving me the first bottle free as a test?

Well, that free bottle at first kept you coming back and buying more.. didn't it? We're really not trying to go against you, were just saying that its the LFS's job to sell people things they don't need. And unfortunately, LFS's are mostly know for exactly that. :/

All of them aren't necissarily bad but they are useless. All the bacteria ones claim they contain live bacteria but unless you can buy it refrigerated odds are the bacteria is dead or was nonexistant to begin with. A pwc can remove nitrates and nitrites as well.

He could try to sell you anything, but all in all, no matter how nice he is about it, it's probably a waste of money. If you like using it and feel it does well, by all means use it, but you could probably save the cash.

HAHA! Thanks thom.

Like I always say, opinions are like we all have one

Sorry Melosu >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Special blend is "a complete eco system in a bottle" (what it says on the box) it also starts biological filters and boosts them, lowers ammonia and biologically reduces nitrates, it also reduces the need for cleaning and breaks down residue on gravel. the main reason I use it though is it maintaines the biological filter.

Nite out 2 keeps the nitrates and ites down

IMO you should avoid putting chemicals in your tank at all cost. the stuff that adds elements is ok but if you have to put anything in your tank to get rid of anything you are not doing something right. The bilogical filter should not need to be maintained after the tank has cycled. Save your money.

A good water change schedule with RO/DI is all you need.

Back
Top Bottom