Sand particles!!! getting irritated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I have a 40 gallon some what reef tank (few pieces of coral and few nems other than that FOWLR) I don't have an over flow or a sump just powerhead heater and lights! Now my tank has been running for 2 years now and I can't rid of these sand particles at all. I've done water changes and those haven't helped how can I rid of these sand particles?

Sent from my MT2L03 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
No its like slightly cloudy they just float around and float around on the water surface kind of irritating

Okay, are you positive it is sand particles and not microbubbles or fish poop or simply gases leaving your sand bed / rock?

Yes I'm sure I've had this problem since I started this tank I didn't mix the sand good enough and ended up with insanely cloudy water for days!!!!

You can get a hang on back filter and pack it with filter floss making sure to clean it on a very regular basis. Another thought are your powerheads pointed anywhere near your sand? Kicking it up?

No top of the tank pointed straight across slightly pointed upwards

Add a surface skimmer to your skimmer, or surface skimmer add on to your filter.

I don't have any type of filtration I let the rock filter just a power head for circulation but now I'm thinking about a protein skimmer

Back
Top Bottom