scared goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Kraken

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went out of town for 4 days last weekend. Had autofeeder set up as always. Except this time the window to let pellets out was open more than usual so there were quite a bit of pellets on the sand when I got home (usually my diamond goby nabs em all up).
Everybody looked ok though except for tank being dirty.
From my trip I brought home 4 new fish: blonde naso tang, convict tang, blue hippo tang, and powder brown tang. All were doing great except for my royal gramma being a little punk. However, now my diamond goby won't come out from it's cave in the sand. He's just covered himself up and if I try to dig him out he just buries himself back in. Should I be worried he was overfed from autofeeder and is sick or is he just a wuss with new guys in tank? It's been 3 days now.

Blue tang needs a 150+ gallon tank. All the others still need a 6' long tank. How big is yours? Gramma might be the target of aggression or shy.

The tang police is appearantly working overtime....

If he's not breathing rapidly or losing color I'd give him some time. I lost a bicolor blenny for three days and he finally popped up healthier than ever. He could just be afraid of the new tankmates. Just my two cents.

Maybe the tang police squad should hire a detective. His tank is 150. Look at his previous threads.

I asked man, no need to be [moderator edit]. And sorry for not sifting through his previous threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just being an [moderated edit]. No harm intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa, easy fellas! It's cool. Tang police are just lookin' out! I appreciate it. I know from reading many threads on this forum the "tang police" are very justified around here! LOL.
As for the Goby Police, thanks for the encouragement. I just dug him out of his cave and he stayed out for about 20 minutes, ate some gravel then went back into his other cave. His color looked good and breathing was fine. So I hope it's just him being a baby and will get over it.
As for the gramma police, everything cool now. My royal gramma was a real P.I.A. at first, bugging everyone incessantly, but now he is out of his comfort spot, swimming merrily with everyone. So far a big happy family except for uncle fester (goby).

Appreciate the posts guys. Keep feeding me with more info on this subject however. I'll posts some pics soon. And update my profile so the investigating is easier next time. hehehe

Any pics of the new fish? Awesome selection. I like your taste =-)

If you have any recent pics I'd love to see them. That livestock sounds awesome. Good to hear about the goby.

i'll get some pics up soon. Promise. It is a cool little group of fish. Hope my goby cheers up because my sand is starting to go south! Need my vacuum-boy back!

Back
Top Bottom