Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S_Hurley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. Quick question. I was wondering if pilot fish would be a good schooling fish for my 75g reef build.

I think even bigger than 300. They can get almost 3' long I belie. I would actually say like 1000 gallon min lol so absolutely not,

crister13 said:
I think even bigger than 300. They can get almost 3' long I belie. I would actually say like 1000 gallon min lol so absolutely not,

Oh wow ok. Do you have a recommendation on a schooling fish?

Cardinals are probably your best bet, although most folks wouldn't call them active swimmers, they do tend to hang out together. Chromis are another choice.

I dream of a 300 gallon tank with a school of at least a dozen anthias. In the meantime, I have 5 pajama cardinals, which school decently. I believe the blue eyed ones school a little better. Limited options for schooling fish in smaller tanks.

MacDracor said:
I dream of a 300 gallon tank with a school of at least a dozen anthias. In the meantime, I have 5 pajama cardinals, which school decently. I believe the blue eyed ones school a little better. Limited options for schooling fish in smaller tanks.

Thank you guys go much! I will definitely be looking into all these fish! Hopefully I will be getting my tank tomorrow, can't wait to cycle and get some in!

What about a school of fire fish... I am not 100% sure but I think I read they can school but don't quote me

Mr. D said:
What about a school of fire fish... I am not 100% sure but I think I read they can school but don't quote me

Ok I'll research that thanks!

Back
Top Bottom