sea hair??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully this pic will post. See what you think? I think its a form of algea and most LFS do too...

Attachments

• algea_925.jpg
    algea_925.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23
  • algea_104.jpg
    algea_104.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 24
  • algea_834.jpg
    algea_834.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 40
Heres one I took several months ago when I had the problem before.

Attachments

• now_xenia_coral__long_hair_.jpg
    now_xenia_coral__long_hair_.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 41
Many years ago When I had some algea I rubberbanded a toothbrush on the end of a siphon hose and gently scrubbed rock while pulling water out for a PWC. after a few times and finding out what the source was I never saw it again

Yeah I do the same thing but due to the LR being loose in my tank and not glued together, I have tumbeled the reef a couple of times trying to scrub it off. It doesnt come off that easy at all.

Well its not on the SB but is very much afixed to the LR! It takes a good scrubbing to get it off the LR. I wonder if the sea hare will eat it? I was told by the LFS he would eat any type of algea.

I bet hell eat what you have. I would not scrub the LR if you want the hare to live. Let him do the work.. Cyno is not a algae its a bacteria, but from waht you say and the pics that is not what you have.

Are you saying I do or do not have algea? I took a couple of rocks out tonight and scrubbed them. However there is still some in there. Im probably going to catch the sea hare and take him back to the LFS in a week or so if I dont see the algea gone. I dont want him to die.
I think Im going to order me a Phosban reactor tomorrow as well. Cant hurt for sure!

I have a green sea hare and he actually moves pretty quick when he wants to and yes he is a ferocious algae eater! He should be fine..(By the way they are masters of hiding I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks until last week)

Is there anyone else with an opinion on the pics I posted? I just want to make sure I have ID this crap right! I would only think it could be algea??

Looks like hair algea to me, can't fathom it being Cyano. Some of the hermits and other crabs will mow it down as well, that is as long as you allow claws in your tanks. I do and never have this stuff.

Well I have turbo snails, naurasse snails, and both red and blue legged hermits...they are no help. Any others?

Back
Top Bottom