Sea hare??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
h8z2luze said:
What are your guys' experience with sea hares?

I bought a seahare to eat hairalgae once couple years back it devoured it im talking cleaned a 55g with algae on every rock in less than 2 weeks its super sensitive to flucuations in water parameters tho

Ya I got one yesterday for the same reason and he cleared one rock in like a hour lol thought about naming him lawnmower....

h8z2luze said:
What happens when he eats all the algea lol....

Sure it was a seahare eating your stars ? Mine never touched them and ive read many times that they only consume algae maybe it was a certain type you had anyway when algaes gone you either take em out and sell/trade it or feed it or it will die

danbstrong said:
Sure it was a seahare eating your stars ? Mine never touched them and ive read many times that they only consume algae maybe it was a certain type you had anyway when algaes gone you either take em out and sell/trade it or feed it or it will die

Yup positive. Big ugly looking slug guy haha. They are known for eating star polyps if there's no algae for them to eat.

DWilliams said:
Yup positive. Big ugly looking slug guy haha. They are known for eating star polyps if there's no algae for them to eat.

Your right about that big ugly slug lol mine never touched the stars wish it did tho i think stars are a nuisence lol

Back
Top Bottom