sea horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

queenb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
did anybody keep a sea horse with some fish
2 tangs, 2 clowns, mandarin, coral beauty, 3 chromis and a wrass
Would this be possible?

no they do fine with clowns and tangs. Although it depends on the species and the size tank.

-Dylan

Seahorses eat very slow...especially when they are first introduced to the tank. Those other fish will out eat it. I don't think its a good idea. I keep some fish with my seahorse but not many and i always make sure my seahorse gets lots to eat...i think this would be hard in your case since there are so many fish. The chromis, wrasse, and clowns are what i'd be most worried about.

If you can set up a separate seahorse tank or just exclude the seahorse all together. If you really want the seahorse you can direct feed with a turkey baster and live foods. It would just be easier ;however, without the seahorse.

-Dylan

it is a 90 gallon 5-6 years old
what kind of a seahorse would be good?
I don't mind target feeding cause I feed my
sun coral, dendros and duncan's
I just didnt know if the fish would attack them

No they will not make it with that combo. IMO they need to be in a species only tank. I have had all of them and know that a tang and clown will out compete a SH and the SH will starve to death or drop his immune system and catch a disease. Just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom