Sea horse are they hard to keep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid-collector

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about getting a pair of yellow sea horses are they hard to keep what kind of requirements do they need?? Thanks

I am far from an expert on seahorses, but from what I do know, are they hard to keep?

Extraordinarily hard.

I've read that they are the ultimate challenge for the skilled hobbyist. They need to be in a species only tank, are very demanding of water quality, and generally require massive amounts of live food pretty much around the clock.

RussellC said:
I am far from an expert on seahorses, but from what I do know, are they hard to keep?

Extraordinarily hard.

I've read that they are the ultimate challenge for the skilled hobbyist. They need to be in a species only tank, are very demanding of water quality, and generally require massive amounts of live food pretty much around the clock.

Thnx I'm far from a skilled hobbyist so I'm better off staying clear then lol wanted a pair for the baby's room but I have been told their very difficult to keep by others aswell maybe in the future thnx

Back
Top Bottom