Sea-Monkey Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

futurehippie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not sure if this goes under this topic or not, but I need some help. I have a little sea-monkey tank, the one that comes with the starter kit and I wanted to know how to use a bigger tank? What would I need to do? What would I use to keep them warm, like would a lamp work?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure if this goes under this topic or not, but I need some help. I have a little sea-monkey tank, the one that comes with the starter kit and I wanted to know how to use a bigger tank? What would I need to do? What would I use to keep them warm, like would a lamp work?

Not sure what temp they require, but you could use a submersible heater (fluval, marineland etc.)

Ill be honest I havent seen much Sea Monkey activity on here

What if I just use a 1 gallon tank?

I assume you would still need a heater. The general rule of thumb (and it can vary) is 3-5 watts of heat per gallon. So if you did a 1g tank, youd really only need 5 watts of heat, however im not sure they make heaters that little. You could try those heating pads that they make for the bottom of the round betta bowls.

Can I get those heating pads at Walmart or a pet store?

I'll have to travel to the pet store and see what I can find, lol

I'll have to travel to the pet store and see what I can find, lol

Sounds good. Honestly i might spend the little bit extra and get a submersible heater, id bet it works alot better than the little heating pads for bettas

I've kept them in a jar, no water changes at all, and they all lived very happily, reproduced an got really big. It was unheated, no filter at all, and only aerated once a day. I'm sure that with a water change every month you'd be fine, as for heater you don't need one!

Nils

What about the water purifier stuff? Like what if I wanted to put them in a 1 gallon tank?

Back
Top Bottom