Sea Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the shot with the baby brittle stars:
img_1008403_0_ebbbdb5c18bf1709967bbe14fc8ea84f.jpg

Wow, nice pics thincat. You can barely see the stars. There so little. Can we see a full tank shot of your tank. Because looking at all these pics of your stars and little bits of your tank is making me wonder what it looks like.

Yup, that DIY rock has been in my tank about 3 months now. It colored up with coralline nicely. Those brittlestars go from one end of the rock to the other without even coming completey to the surface.

Dang dude, you had some serious corraline growth on that rock for two weeks. Good job and kudos on that rock.

Okay, here's the trick and it's not "purple up" either. I get a rock or any item with coralline growing on it and I scrape it off and put it in a small container with saltwater. When I have some, I pour that in front of a powerhead or return pump and let that flow around the tank. Waalaa. In a very shot time you will see coralline all over the place.

It's a commercial bottle of calcium fortified with coralline mixture that's suppose to aid in coralline growth.

The scrapings along with good calcium, magnesium and alk readings will do the job.

A weak concentration of calcium chloride and ground up aragonite sand. A waste of $.
I to believe it's a waste of money. I do the above before I stick my pumps and other equipment in a vinegar bath for cleaning. Also my sump rocks tend to get more coralline on them and I scrape those. Be careful on the sump rocks and lookout for aiptasia.

I to believe it's a waste of money. I do the above before I stick my pumps and other equipment in a vinegar bath for cleaning. Also my sump rocks tend to get more coralline on them and I scrape those. Be careful on the sump rocks and lookout for aiptasia.

Stupid Aiptasia, I have been wanting a peppermint shrimp to kill my aiptasia for a week now and EVERYONE is out of them!!

Back
Top Bottom