So I'm just starting out with saltwater, and to be honest I've been thinking about switching completely over to saltwater, but I want to give it a go at least once before I do that of course, so I've been designing my new tank in my head, lol, and I'm really decided on having sea urchins in my clean up crew; I'm really in love with them
The thing is, I know they sting. I'm not afraid of being stung, I'm not afraid of it hurting or anything, I get stung on a weekly basis by other pets that I have, lol, but I'm afraid of the venom. Every website I go to, looking for which ones are more venomous, all they say is only ten sea urchins are fatal, but they don't say which ones? I mean, I don't imagine they'd offer the deadly ones in the hobby, but has anyone ever had a particularly bad experience with a sea urchin sting?
And how you would transfer it from it's..bag or whatever it's in when it came home to the tank without getting stung?
And I read they might go after hermit crabs, is that true? And if it's a problem, how do you secure your rock so they don't knock them over, which I also read is sometimes a problem because they like to crawl through them?
Sorry I'm totally new at this..