Seachem Ammonia alert- does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got the seachem ammonia alert for my tank. Anybody out there who has experience with it? I like the Idea of it, because I don't like to mix the chemicals and wait for 15min :wink:

Hey-

I have one of those in my tank as well. It seems to match what my ammonia kits read when I do a test. I put mine in while my tank was cycling and sure enough it changed 3-4 different colors over the course of 3-4 weeks. I will say that the colors on the circle don't match exactly, so you'll have to use your own judgement if it starts changing color.

Mine has stayed a light yellow color since the cycle was complete and I hope it stays that way.

--Logan

I like them and use one. It's nice for a quick spot check as your walking by but I still use my liquid tests every other week just to be sure. I was warned to replace mine every six months or so as well.

Thats how I use mine. Quick spot check to make sure all's well. The 6 month rule is probably a good one. My lfs said the same thing even though the package says a year.

--Logan

Back
Top Bottom