Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Seahorse feeding idea

Ok so this is probable a far fetched idea but is there a way I could hook something up to automatically feed my seahorses?

Beau_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Seahorses dont eat anything dry that I have seen That you could put Iin an automatic feeder. They mostly eat pods if you can get some in your tank. I used to feed mine frozen mysis.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
The only thing I can think of is having a separate tank, where you are raising live mysis, connected to the main tank with an inverted u-tube connecting the two tanks. Large enough for the shrimp to swim to the horses, but small enough that the horses can't go through.

It sounds good at least... lol

If you can't find the time to feed seahorses, maybe seahorses aren't the best idea.
125 malawi cichlid, 110 Discus, 75 reef, 30 reef, 27 reef, 4 planted
herp_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

feed, feeding, sea, seahorse

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search