seahorse tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have created this monster....My seahorse tank, I plan to move my seahorses this evening. seahorse tank.jpg One of my concerns is flow. I have 2 247 GPH pumps on my 28 nano with about a 16 inch lift. If I slow down the flow will it effect the filter system?

28 gallon JBJ with a professional led hood, chiller, in line UV and skimmmer. also has a chiller. Slightly cloudy, just moved things around.

Here is the final seahorse tank. Had to place artificial plant in front of water flow to keep seahorses from getting sucked against it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120415_215534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120415_215534.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 111
Have you considered including some live Macro Algae? In addition to being softer on their tails than plastic edges, they provide a better breeding ground for copepods, providing a snack between feedings.

LA Reefs is good, and Gulf Coast Ecosystems (live-plants.com) is excellent. Availability is a bit limited this time of year, but my order from GCE was superb, wonderful, and they packed it full.

Back
Top Bottom