Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Seneye?

Hello!

I have been looking at seneye reef to monitor my aquarium and just wondered if anyone had any experience with this product?

If anyone has better gismos let me know but please Remember that seneye is £100.

Your help is appreciated.

Joe

Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #2

Nobody has experience with them?

Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #3

Anyone?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #4

I have the seneye reef, in theory it's great but the software keeps crashing, I loaded the restarter program but still has serious problems. The readings I get can be 4 hours out and today it's been over 10 hours with no readings. It has potential but still requires a lot of work, I don't suggest buying one until they sort their website and software out.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

How accurate is it though I am also interested in one? Do you have to pay monthly payments to use it? Sorry to take over the thread!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #6

Seneye

The seneye has a calibration (+ or _) which is adjusted by you. I test the water by using strips or solutions and adjust the seneye readings to suit the test. The slides only last one month and then they stop working, however the temps and light readings continue working without the slide. There is no fee using the the site only the cost of about $10 per slide per month if you choose to use it. If my PH reading shows I need to modify the PH, I confirm this by testing the water by using strips or solutions and then if required add the PH up or PH down treatment. The readings are not to be relied on and are indication only. The only down side is the continual crashing of the site and program that seneye provide. I use firefox and a program called "restart" as recommended but it still goes down. I can wait 4 hours for a reading to register on the iphone or panel from the web site, so don't expect instantaneous readings being displayed. Today I have had no readings for the last 24 hours it appears the site has gone down yet again.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
The seneye has a calibration (+ or _) which is adjusted by you. I test the water by using strips or solutions and adjust the seneye readings to suit the test. The slides only last one month and then they stop working, however the temps and light readings continue working without the slide. There is no fee using the the site only the cost of about $10 per slide per month if you choose to use it. If my PH reading shows I need to modify the PH, I confirm this by testing the water by using strips or solutions and then if required add the PH up or PH down treatment. The readings are not to be relied on and are indication only. The only down side is the continual crashing of the site and program that seneye provide. I use firefox and a program called "restart" as recommended but it still goes down. I can wait 4 hours for a reading to register on the iphone or panel from the web site, so don't expect instantaneous readings being displayed. Today I have had no readings for the last 24 hours it appears the site has gone down yet again.
They have introduced a new program and so far so good with no system crashes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com