1. You want to shoot for about 1.5-2Lbs of LR
per gallon. You can buy base (dried out rock) which is pretty cheap and will become live over time. Or you could buy more cured live rock (LR
), this tends to be more expensive.
2. Definitely get a heater. Personally I like Finnex, titanium heaters. I use two in both my tanks for redundancy.
3. Get the Sale Master's Test Kit, it is a good starting test kit.
4. I like the fluvial filters. I have a 304 on my 55 and the FX5 on my 125.
5. Read this on acclimation: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articl...ion/Page1.html
6. Check out these other articles: Saltwater
7. You probably don't have much food for your clean up crew (snails and such)
8. Take a sample of your tank's water for testing at your LFS
9. If ammonia or nitrItes are present, do some PWCs to bring them to 0.
10. I don't run a skimmer, so I am no help there.
11. Depending on what corals you want, you will need to take that into account when buying lights.
12. An anenmoe will require a mature tank of at least 9 months.
I'm sure I have missed a few things, but others will chime in and give you more advice.