Set up help, but an unusual request ,sorry for the long post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentiumburner

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, here goes: I recently acquired a Bio Reef branded model BR acrylic tank. The tank was previously used for SW, but I plan on only using it for FWFO.

The tank came with a Del Rey model 125 wet/dry filter, two Lifeguard modules, one labeled mechanical and one labeled chemical. A UV sterlizer (which I don't plan on hooking up), UGFS (which I also don't plan to hookup), another piece that I believe is the overflow box.

I have only had FW tanks, and none quite like this one. It is 18" W X 22"H X 6' long, it is set up from the manufacturer as what I believe to be a reef tank. The tank has the following bulkheads, three total, the one in the middle has a elbow that points up each other of the bulkheads are situated on each opposite end of the tank. Included was all the plumbing which I will use the large diameter hoses (flexible) but otherwise I will obtain new hoses.

I have been looking for diagrams on plumbing and how to's and while I have found some information and related web sites I need to figure out the plumbing and how to install all the plumbing so I don't have a pool in my front room. I am familiar somewhat in regards to the theory behind the flow coming down in relation to the pump requirements to keep up, but I really want to be sure to do this right the first time.

Any suggestions are definitely appreciated as well resources for me to figure this out short of hiring someone to come out (which may happen)

Thank you in advance,
Dave

I`m not much of a plumber but on the UV, I would consider hooking it up. IMO they are beneficial for getting rid of algea spores and free floating parasites. I know there is the UV controversy but I cant argue with success.

Back
Top Bottom