Setting live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nubreefer1228

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Never thought it would be so hard to make up my mind on how my final look is going to be I even had to take a brake Going back in a min hopefully for the last touch. What do u guys think still a lil cloudy didn't wash sand to goodImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391024382.469459.jpg

Even when you wash the sand well you'll still get some cloudiness. Make sure the rocks are sitting on the tank bottom to keep them stable. Good luck!

You need a bit more rock IMO. Live rock will be your filter, along with surface area for bacteria. A general rule of thumb is 1 pound per gallon.

I agree with mr_X. 1 pound per gallon is an excellent rule for biological filtration. I actually use 1.5 per gallon in my 90 gallon tank.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also need another bag if sand. I've been running my tank for about 14 days and still have high nitrites

I would add all of the rock and sand you intend to first, then cycle the tank. You have a good chance of having a mini cycle adding rock after the cycle is over.

I would add more rock! Not only for filtration , but also to make it look a little more full!

I got a ?. I have about 40 lbs of live sand in my tank now but they say I need more can I use some white sand from my fresh water tank? the sand has bn sitting out for a few months.

How big is the tank? Do you have at least 1in all the way around?
Edit: never mind all I had to do was read up:). You don't need more sand if you like the way that looks. What they were telling you was more LR

I have a hob marine land 280 don't really think I need a sump but I heard a skimmer would be good should I do both or any better ideas

Back
Top Bottom